When you pride yourself on the care and skill with which you practice your chosen profession, a charge of malpractice can be a tremendous blow to your professional self-esteem. It can also be a business-threatening blow to your finances if you are found to have acted against the standards of care in your profession.
At McNeal, Schick, Archibald & Biro Co., L.P.A., in Cleveland, Ohio, our skilled trial attorneys have a record of success with professional malpractice defense in many fields. For an appointment with a McNeal Schick lawyer regarding professional malpractice defense, please contact our professional malpractice defense lawyers online or by telephone at 216-621-9870.
Cleveland Professional Negligence Lawyers Offering Personal Attention and a Collaborative Defense
McNeal Schick handles insurance defense matters, including professional malpractice defense. We are not just an insurance defense department within a larger firm. Insurance defense matters are cases we do well because of our skill, experience, and strategic approach.
As a smaller firm, our clients work directly with the attorney or attorneys assigned to their case as well as our proficient support staff of paralegals and legal assistants. We understand the importance to our clients of regular contact with their attorney and it is a centerpiece of our personal service and collaborative process. We believe in keeping our clients well-informed throughout the entire claims and litigation process.
We Know the Standards of Care for Many of the Professions
Our professional negligence attorneys have successfully defended professional liability cases for clients in all types of industries. We use the knowledge gained on each previous case to get positive results for future clients. We competently help professionals defend themselves in the following types of malpractice actions:
- Medical malpractice cases: We defend doctors or nurses charged with erroneous diagnosis or treatment; substandard care, treatment or surgery; gross negligence; lack of informed consent; and breach of doctor-patient confidentiality
- Dental malpractice cases: Our lawyers defend dentists or dental technicians charged with false diagnosis or treatment; substandard treatment, allegations of surgical errors; gross negligence; and lack of informed consent
- Accountant malpractice cases: Our firm defends certified personal accountants for late filing; providing incorrect tax advice; failing to provide adequate tax advice; or improper bookkeeping practices
- Construction malpractice cases: We routinely defend architects, engineers, hydrologists and other construction or design professionals -- these cases often arise in conjunction with a broader construction defect claim, which we handle for our clients as well.
- Attorney malpractice cases: We defend lawyers and law firms facing complaints of improper use of client funds; failure to adequately represent the client; breach of lawyer-client confidentiality
- Nursing home negligence cases: We represent nursing homes and assisted-living facilities when patients or residents are injured
Cuyahoga County Insurance Defense Law Firm Welcoming Your Inquiries
Insurance carriers and professionals with questions about professional malpractice defense are warmly invited to contact McNeal Schick for a timely response and professional assistance. Contact our professional negligence attorneys online or call us at 216-621-9870.